Monday 24 August 2009

Next stage...

Since I'm about to commence the next major stage of my life I've decided to start blogging again. Hopefully keeping this thing up to date will help prevent my brain from becoming a couch potato untill I go uni in September 2010.

So much has happened in so little time over the past few months. In April I aquired an addiction to surfing, my Mum re-married in May, In June I finished my A Levels and left college, and July welcomed two new german sheppered puppies, Zi and Bear, to the family. The main highlights of this month I suppose have been Sonisphere festival, many of hours surfing, many of hours partying and drinking (and subsequently many hours of feeling shit and tired), A Level results day, deciding to change my degree course (which I did for a number of reasons), and the hectic process of (still) moving house.

I'm hoping that in the time between writing this and starting my degree in Spetember 2010 that I manage to get a part-time job (currently awaiting a reply from an application) with some good hours so I can get enough cash to do some more travel and a bit of extra money behind me for uni.

On the travel side of things, me and my mate are planning to go do a several week volunteering project, maybe in a North American national park or an LEDC, which aswell as getting to have an amazing time, will mean that I'll get to finally finish my Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award. I'm also hoping to maybe squeeze in a European surf trip with my other mate; but this will be highly dependent on my currently poor financial status!

That's it for now. Nice to get some words out!

No comments:

Post a Comment